FUN FACTS ABOUT FEET
A quarter of the body’s bones are in your feet!! There are 52 of them! There are also 66 joints, 200 muscles, ligaments and tendons and some 25,000 sweat glands.
- Average walking of 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day will mean that 115,000 miles will be walked in the average lifetime (80 years +/-).
- When you are running, the pressure on your feet can be 3 – 4 times your body weight.
- A marathon runner’s feet will hit the road approximately 800 – 1000 times a minute, for 26 miles! For an 11 stone runner that is a stress factor on the feet equal to some 110 tonnes per mile!
- A baby who has just learned to walk takes around 176 steps in a minute.
- 70% of foot problems are caused by ill-fitting footwear!
- Most professional ballerinas wear out 2 – 3 pairs of pointe shoes a week!!
- The world record for balancing on one foot is 76 hours and 40 minutes!!! Try and beat that!
- The chain connection of the way a body moves really does mean that your head/neck is connected to your feet. Do you remember the song … ‘hip bone connected to the thigh bone ….’ ?
(April 7th 2020)
Marlborough Podiatry Clinic
10 The Parade, Marlborough, SN8 1NE
10 The Parade, Marlborough SN8 1NE
No referral is necessary to attend the Clinic.
For information regarding appointment availability, fees and claiming on your health insurance, please ring the Clinic.
8.30am - 6pm Monday to Friday
9am - 1pm on Saturdays.
Tel: 01672 514581
Mobile: 07910 525376
There are 3 steps up within the clinic entrance